Location: Dayton, Tennessee
Beginning Date: Immediately
Minimum Requirements: Graduation from an accredited school with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Forestry; prefer 2-5 year experience; Registered Forester in at least one state or must obtain registration within three years; Clean driving history
Full-time position “ Entry level field forester working a minimum 45 hours per week required, paid vacation schedule, health care and disability plan, 9 paid holidays, vehicle provided (or mileage paid), some out of town and overnight work required (expenses paid), participation in 401 (k) plan (after reaching 21 years of age and 6 months of employment).
Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
- Timber Sales and Appraisals “ All aspects of field work, office work and reporting to landowner/client.
- Timber cruising using systematic sampling of merchantable and premerchantable timber using both fixed radius plots and prism sampling methods.
- GPS navigation and plot location. o Identify, locate and mark property and timber sale boundary lines.
- Identify and mark streamside management zones (SMZs) in compliance with state Best Management Practices.
- Identification of commercial tree species (winter and summer).
- Design and implementation of timber harvesting plan for clearcut, select cut and thinning sales.
- Prepare GIS computer-generated timber type digitized maps.
- Prepare timber sale bid notice and review timber sale contracts.
- Complete timber harvesting inspections and reports to enforce compliance with contract.
- Collect timber and land sale data for appraisal purposes.
- Organize and audit timber sale settlements. Timberland Management “ All aspects of field work, office work and reporting to landowner/client.
- Inspections and reporting activities on clients' tracts.
- Planning and implementation of timberland management activities specific to individual sites and client goals including site preparation techniques (mechanical & chemical), prescribed burning, chemical release spray, herbaceous weed control, reforestation activities, seedling survival check, timber stand improvement activities (commercial & precommercial thinning, fertilization, chemical release, etc.).
- Prepare and negotiate contracts with independent contractors for clients' management services.
- Supervision of contracted services, including certifying completion of work for payment.
- Meeting with landowner/client to review management activities, answer questions and make proposals regarding their timberland.
- Patrol property boundaries and points of access.
- Assist with management plan preparation, and annual operating budgets.
- Ability to generate new business (meet with potential clients, explain our business, etc.)
- Ability to efficiently and effectively perform assigned job duties.
- Complete reports using computer spreadsheets and word processing.
- Preparation of weekly timesheet reporting all time worked by project, bill method and task.
- Required travel and ability to function as a team member on large projects throughout the U.S.
- Research property deeds and plats through public county records.
- Check client property for hunt leases violations.
- Ability to communicate with the public in area of primary business. Compensation
- This is a salaried position with paychecks issued semi-monthly. Salary level will be based on previous experience and ability to fulfill job requirements.
- After successfully completing 6-month probationary period, employee will be eligible for annual bonus based on net company profit generated with the amount of bonus determined by AFM Finance Committee.
- Additional compensation is possible from the generation of revenue from new client business and real estate sales.
Send resume to:
American Forest Management, Inc.
103 Barrie Lane
Kingston, TN 37763